Here are some dates for members’ diaries:
- 1st or 2nd Thurs in Feb each year = AGM. The actual date will be announced nearer the time.
Last date for submitting nominations to join Committee – 2 weeks before AGM
Last date for submitting resolution to be debated at AGM – 2 weeks before AGM
- Renewing your rod licence = Various types are available, and run for 1 year from date of commencement – See the Environment Agency WEBSITE for details, [or try www.gov.uk/get-a-fishing-licence], or you can ring the Telesales line on 0344 800 5386 (operates 0800 – 1800 Mon – Fri)
- 1st April = HAC Membership year start – get your Clubcard in time!
- Closed season = The only Club Water to have a ‘closed season’ (for game or coarse fishing) is the River Tern and the River Roden. No game (i.e. fly) fishing is permitted on these waters from 8th October to 17th March and no coarse fishing (i.e. baited hook) is permitted from the 15 March to 15 June inclusive. For related Environment Agency information see HERE
- 1st April to 30th Sept (inclusive) = No fishing in the big marina stretch (between Bridges 63-64) of the canal at Market Drayton.
- June = HAC 3 day festival.